Framingham, Mass.- The Bridgewater State field hockey team defeated host Framingham State by a score of 4-1 in Little East action Saturday evening at Maple Street Field as part of Homecoming and Family Weekend.
- Score: Bridgewater State 4, Framingham State 1
- Records: Bridgewater State (7-7, 5-5 LEC) Framingham State (2-9, 0-9 LEC)
- Location: Maple Street Field– Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bears got on the board first in the 17thminute when Emma Daly (Foxborough, Mass.) found the back of the cage after a scramble in front of the net.
- The Rams answered just under three minute later when senior Meaghann Ackerman (Littleton, Mass.) sent a long strike into the back of the cage from the top of the arc.
- BSU came back with their answer again just moments later when Samantha Hayes (Norwood, Mass.) dribbled around two Rams defenders and drilled a shot into the corner of the cage to send the teams to the break with the Bears leading 2-1.
- The Bears added a couple insurance goals early in the second stanza. First Hayes scored again with an assist from Jacqueline Legendre (Westport, Mass.). Later in the frame Olivia Ahlman (Halifax, Mass.) scored off a one-time pass from Daly.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Allison Chappell (Raynham, Mass.) made nine saves in net for the Bears
- Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) made four saves in goal for Framingham State including a great stick save on a penalty stroke attempt in the second half.
- Both teams took 11 shots in the game while the Bears edged the Rams in penalty corners 7-to-4.
- The Rams will travel to New England College on Monday, October 15thfor a 7:00pm game.
- The Bears will host UMass Dartmouth in Little East action on Wednesday, October 17that 7:00pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.