Westfield, Mass.—The Framingham State men's ice hockey team was defeated at Westfield State by a score of 3-0 on Saturday night at Amelia Park Ice Arena.
Score: Westfield State 3, Framingham State University 0
Records:Westfield State (3-1-1, 2-0 MASCAC) Framingham State (1-2, 0-2 MASCAC)
Location: Amelia Park Ice Arena – Westfield, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After nearly playing the entire first period with the man-advantage, the Owls finally broke through with 1:27 remaining on a shot from the slot from freshman Jake Ratcliffe (Canterbury, New Zealand) to make it 1-0 Owls.
- Westfield State would add to their lead midway through the second period when Danny Ferri (Chelmsford, Mass.) sniped a shot past Rams goaltender Adam Calabrese (Philadelphia, Penn.) high blocker side to put the Owls up 2-0.
- In the third, Westfield State would extend their lead for good when Ratcliffe would score his second of the game after an incredible effort to get the puck to the net and collect his own rebound to make it 3-0 Owls.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Westfield State outshot Framingham 39-24 in the contest.
- Thierry Messervier legged out 24 saves for the Owls, earning the shutout.
- Adam Calabrese contributed 36 for the Rams.
- The Owls continues with conference play on Thursday as they host UMass. Dartmouth at Amelia Park, puck drop scheduled for 7:35 p.m.
- Framingham State resumes play on Tuesday, as they host Assumption College starting at 7:30 p.m.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of Westfield sports information