Framingham, Mass.— The Framingham State men's ice hockey was defeated in non-conference action by New England College by a score of 6-1 Tuesday evening at Loring Arena.
Score: New England College 6, Framingham State 1
Records: New England College (14-3-5), Framingham State (2-16-1MASCAC)
Location: Loring Arena- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened up the scoring in the in the 13th minute when Jack Sheehan (Norwood, Mass.) sent in a loose puck after a shot from Bryan Whelan (Rockville Centre, NY).
- The Pilgrims got on the board in the opening minutes of the second when Adam Zollner (Varnamo, Sweden) connected on the powerplay with help from Patrick DeBlois (Lewiston, ME) & Martin Hallin (Sodertalje, Sweden).
- A few minutes later Daniel Bergqvist (Sundsvall, Sweden) off a onetime pass from William Riise (Charlottenlund, Denmark).
- Less then two minutes later Will Platt (San Fransisco, CA) tipped in a rebound off a shot from Connor Dunn (Tri-Cities, Wash.).
- The visitors added three scores scatted throughout the third period. The first by Nikita Pintusov (Mogilev, Belarus) in the 7th minute then a few moments later Carlos Fornaris (Miami, FL) added a score and towards the end of the period Connor Inger (Machob, MI) got in on the action.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In between the pipes, Spencer Kozlowski (Vancouver, BC) made 16 saves in net for the Pilgrims.
- Nolan Greene (Quincy, Mass.) made 45 stops for the Rams.
- NEC was 1-for-4 on the man advantage while the Rams were 0-for-3.
- The Pilgrims will travel to Southern Maine on February 2nd.
- Framingham State will host Worcester State on the Saturday, February 2nd at 7:50pm.