North Adams, Mass. – The visiting Framingham State's Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) scored twice and Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) scored a first half goal and assisted on another as the duo helped lead the Rams to a 3-0 victory over the MCLA Trailblazers this evening at Shewcraft Field.
- Score: Framingham State 3, MCLA 0
- Records: Framingham State (7-4-2, 2-0-2 MASCAC), MCLA (0-10-1, 0-4 MASCAC)
- Location: Shewcraft Field,- North Adams, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Early in the opening half, the Rams took control. In the 12th minute, Bryce Nardizzi converted a through pass from De Souza for a 1-0 lead. The goal was Nardizzi's team leading 7th of the season.
- The Rams would add another tally in the 31st minute. This time, it was De Souza who scored his fifth goal of the season. He collected a pass from Jared Nardizzi inside the box and easily poked it home to make it 2-0 in favor of Framingham.
- Bryce Nardizzi put the game completely out of reach in the 60th minute when he ripped a shot from just outside the box to increase the lead to 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams controlled the first half outshooting MCLA 10-1.
- Framingham's Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) earned the win in goal for the Rams stopping three shots. He improves to 7-3-2 on the season. For the contest, the Rams held a commanding 22-4 shot advantage.
- MCLA's Sean Bradshaw got the nod in goal for the Trailblazers and drops to 0-9-1 on the season. Bradshaw also collected four saves in net.
- The Trailblazers will play again on Monday when they travel to Salve Regina for a non-league matchup at 1pm. The Rams will take on Dean College on Wednesday.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.