Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team defeated Mass Maritime by a score of 5-2 in MASCAC men's soccer action on Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field as part of Homecoming & Family Weekend.
Score: Framingham State 5, Mass. Maritime 2
Records: Framingham State (8-5-2, 3-0-2 MASCAC), Mass. Maritime (4-8-1, 1-4 MASCAC)
Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board in the 14thminute when Ken Stahovish (Springfield, Mass.) sent home a one-time pass from Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) to open up the scoring.
- Later in the half the Rams extended their lead when junior Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) dribbled around a Bucs defender and sent a strike into the bottom of the net.
- The Bucs answered a couple minutes later when Shane MacNeil (Braintree, Mass.) sent in a long pass that was redirected by Benjamin Cook (Fort Myers, Fla.) right to AJ Bubenick (Foxboro, Mass.) who sent it come.
- The Rams immediately responded when De Souza sent a long strike into the top left of the net just about 30 seconds later to send the Rams to the break up 3-1.
- The Bucs cut the lead to one early in the second half when MacNeil headed in a pass from Justin burns (Walpole, Mass.).
- The Rams answered again in the 58thminute when Nardizzi struck again off another helper from De Souza.
- The Rams added an insurance goal when the Bucs keeper came out to clear a loose ball and Akeem Bucknor (Manchester, Jamaica) sent into the open net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Connor Murphy (Braintree, Mass.) made seven saves in net for the Buccaneers.
- Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made four stops in goal for the Rams.
- The Bucs outshot the Rams 18-to-17 and were awarded eight corner kicks to the Rams four.
- Dean returns to action on Tuesday when they travel to Coast Guard for a 7:00pm tilt.
- The Rams host Emerson College in non-league action on Tuesday at 4:30pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.