Cortland, N.Y. – The Framingham State University softball team surrendered a pair of runs in the bottom of the first inning as the Rams were defeated 2-0 by Williams College in an opening round game of the 2019 NCAA Division III Softball Tournament at the Cortland Regional at Dragon Field.
- Scores: Williams 2, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (24-20), Williams College (34-5)
- Location: Dragon Field – Cortland, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A two run single to right by Rebecca Duncan in the bottom of the first inning accounted for the only runs in the game as the number one seed in the regional Williams College edged the fourth seeded Rams.
- After allowing the two runs in the first inning, senior Kelsi Gunarathne (North Providence, RI) settled in and allowed just three hits for the remainder of the game. Gunarathne, however, took the loss going six innings allowing just five hits with a strikeout and two walks.
- Duncan earned the win in the circle for the Ephs going seven scoreless innings and allowing six hits with two walks and 11 strikeouts.
- Senior Lauren Salisbury (Cranston, RI) went 2-for-3 for the Rams, while sophomore Camille Desrochers (Westford, Mass.) added a pair of hits for the Rams.
With the loss, the Rams will face host Cortland tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 p.m. in an elimination game, while the Ephs face St. John Fisher who defeated Cortland 5-2 in 11 innings in today's other game at the regional.