Milton, Mass.—The Framingham State women's' basketball team outscored their opponent 20-to-6 in the forth quarter en route to a 71-63 come from behind win over Curry College Friday evening.
Score: Framingham State University 71, Curry College 63
Records:Framingham State (1-0), Curry College (0-1)
Location: Katz Gymnasium – Milton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Curry erased a 12-9 deficit in the first quarter with 7-0 run, capped off with a buzzer-beating three-pointer from Molly Plunkett (Quincy, Mass.). The shot from distance gave the Colonels a 16-12 lead after the opening stanza, which featured two ties and seven lead changes.
- Curry followed its first quarter with another strong performance, outscoring the Rams 22-18 in the frame. The Colonels pushed the lead to as many as eight, scoring the last five points of the quarter to send the Colonels into the locker room with an eight-point lead, 38-30.
- The Framingham State woke up offensively, outscoring the hosts 21-19 in the third to cut the deficit to 57-51 at the end of the third quarter. With 3:13 left in regulation with the game deadlocked at 62, the Rams put the game away at the free throw line with seven made in the waning minutes to take home the win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Framingham State junior Mary Kate O'Day (Berlin, Mass.) guided Framingham State (1-0) with a team-high 18 points to go along with five rebounds, four steals, and one block.
- Senior Tiphani Harris (Revere, Mass.) registered a double-double with 11 points and 13 boards.
- Freshman Amanda Leal (Tyngsboro, Mass.) led Curry (0-1) with a game-high 22 points along with 13 rebounds for a double-double collegiate debut.
- Curry will return to action on Saturday, November 10 at 1:00 as they will host Eastern Nazarene College in the Consolation Game of the Curry College Tip-Off Tournament.
- Framingham State will battle St. Joseph's College (Me.) for the Tournament Championship at 3:00 p.m.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of Curry sports information