Boston, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's basketball team was defeated on the road this afternoon 76-63 by Suffolk University in non-conference action.
- Score: Suffolk 76, Framingham State 63
- Records: Framingham State (5-3), Suffolk (7-3)
- Location: Fuller Center – Paxton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- With the game tied at 9-9 after a three from junior Mary Kate O'Day (Berlin, Mass.) midway through the first quarter, the Suffolk Rams closed the opening quarter with 16-0 run and led 25-9 after one.
- Suffolk extended the lead to 33-12 in the opening minutes of the second quarter after a three from Alexis Hackett and would take a 47-24 advantage into the locker room.
- Suffolk maintained the large lead through the third quarter leading 64-44 after three and held off the Rams in the fourth quarter for the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- O'Day paced the Rams with a team-high 18 points, six rebounds, two assists and a block.
- Sophomore Abbey Battaini (Methuen, Mass.) poured in 15 points off the bench as she connected on five of nine from behind the arc.
- Senior Tiphani Harris (Revere, Mass.) chipped in with 10 points, six rebounds and four steals, while freshman Liana Cunningham (Quincy, Mass.) added a team-best seven boards, six assists and three steals.
- Suffolk was led by 23 points from Jenni-Rose DiCecco, while Jordan Hipwell added 12.
- Hackett finished the game with ten points and game-best 12 boards, while Marissa Gudauskas added 11 points.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday night when they host MIT at 6 p.m.