Wenham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team opened up the 2018 season this evening with a 3-0 loss to Neumann at the Gordon College Invitational.
- Score: The Rams were defeated 3-0 by scores of 25-15, 25-11, and 25-23.
- Records: Framingham State (0-1), Neumann (2-0)
- Location: Wenham, Mass. – Bennett Athletic Center
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY), freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) and sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) paced the Rams with three kills apiece.
- Neumann received 15 kills and 10 digs from Melanie Malseed, while Bre Hickey and Rachael Hoffman added eight apiece.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) and sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) paced the back row effort with seven digs apiece, while Whalen led the way with 11 set assists.
- The Rams struggled on the attack compiling just 14 kills on 76 attempts with 17 errors, while Neumann racked up 40 kills in the match on 85 attempts with just 10 errors for a .353 hitting percentage.
The Rams are back in action tomorrow at the Gordon Invitational with a pair of matches. The Rams face Smith College at 10 a.m. and the host Fighting Scots at 1 p.m.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.