Worcester, Mass. - The fourth seeded Framingham State University volleyball team was defeated 3-0 by top seed Worcester State University this evening in one semifinal of the 2018 Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Volleyball Tournament at John P. Brissette Court.
- Score: Worcester State 3, Framingham State 0 (25-15, 25-13, 25-14)
- Records: Framingham State (17-15), Worcester State (22-10)
- Location: John P. Brissette Court - Worcester, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- With the victory the Lancers advance to the finals of the MASCAC Tournament and will face the winner of tonight's other semifinal either second seed Salem State or third Seed Westfield State on Saturday in Worcester.
- The Rams who struggled on the attack in the match were led on the attack by six kills apiece from freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) and sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.).
- Freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) paced the back row effort with a team-high 17 defensive digs, while sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) added 15 digs and two kills.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) added 15 set assists and eight digs, while junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added 11 digs and two kills.
- The Lancers received a double double of 16 kills and 11 digs from Emily Carens, while Stephanie Chapin added 10 kills, three blocks and seven digs.
- Amari King just missed a double double of her own as she compiled nine kills and 18 digs. Megan Leavens racked up a match-best 21 defensive digs for the Lancers.
The Rams see their season come to a close at 17-15.