Danvers, Mass. – The Framingham State University baseball team tallied five runs in the third inning and two in the seventh to secure a 7-5 victory over Emerson College in non-conference action this afternoon at St. John's.
- Scores: Framingham State 7, Emerson 5
- Records: Framingham State (2-1), Emerson College (0-1)
- Location: St. John's – Danvers, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams plated five runs in the top of the third inning to take the lead for good in the game. Senior Matt Fogarty plated the first with a two run, ground rule double. Junior Bobby Higgins followed with a two run single to left and then scored on an Emerson error.
- Emerson got a run back in the bottom of the inning cutting the deficit to 5-1 and then added three in the bottom of the sixth to pull within one, 5-4.
- The Rams plated two in the top of the seventh to secure the victory as the game was shortened due to darkness. Senior Aaron Williams delivered the key hit in the inning, a two run single to left.
- Emerson would push one run across in the bottom of the inning, but that was as close as they would get.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Senior Kyle Lippert finished the game three-for-four at the plate with a run scored and a walk, while Williams walked three times and drove in a pair.
- Fogarty and Higgins each recorded a hit, two RBI and a run scored, while junior Andrew Curtis added a pair of hits.
- Senior Kyle Hodgson earned the victory in the game striking out two and allowing no runs in a game that saw the Rams use five pitchers.
The Rams are back in action on Monday, March 11th when they face Newbury College at 3:30 p.m. at the New England Baseball Complex.