Westfield, Mass. – The third seed Framingham State University baseball team fell 12-0 in eight innings to top seed Westfield State University in one semifinal of the 2019 Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Baseball Tournament at Bud & Jim Hagan Field.
- Scores: Westfield State 12, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (22-18), Westfield State (26-13)
- Location: Bud & Jim Hagan Field – Westfield, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Westfield State plated a pair in the bottom of the second and added two more in the bottom of the fourth to take a 4-0.
- That was all Westfield State starter John Gegetskas would need as he went the distance tossing a no hitter without allowing a walk and striking out seven.
- The Rams lone baserunner in the game was senior Aaron Williams (Brockton, Mass.) who reached on an error in the top of the fourth inning.
- Westfield would add six in the bottom of the sixth and two more in the eighth to reach the 12-run rule.
- Senior Kevin Connelly (Bolton, Mass.) started on the mound for the Rams and went five innings allowing four runs, three earned, on six hits with three strikeouts.
- Fitchburg State eliminated Bridgewater State in today's other MASCAC Tournament game setting up a rematch between the Falcons and the Rams who met yesterday with the Rams coming out victorious 8-6 in 12 innings.
With the victory, the Owls advance to the championship round of the tournament on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. in Westfield, while the Rams will face Fitchburg State on Saturday morning at 11 a.m. in an elimination game. The winner advances to face the Owls in the championship round.