Framingham, Mass.- Senior Meaghann Ackerman (Littleton, Mass.) scored off a penalty corner with time expired in overtime to lead the Framingham State field hockey team to a 3-2 victory over Regis Tuesday evening at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Regis 2 (OT)
- Records: Framingham State (1-0), Regis (0-2)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Pride opened up the scoring in the ninth minute when Aineen Callahan (Diamond Point, NY) carried the ball about fifteen yards before beating the Rams keeper.
- Regis doubled their lead when Yvonne Abate (Easton, Mass.) tipped in a strike from Callahan.
- The Rams scored late in the opening frame when Jordyn O'Boyle (Bradford, Mass.) scored off a pass from Ackerman.
- The Rams tied the score early in the second stanza when Caitlin Baril (Lakeville, Mass.) scored off her own rebound.
- Just prior to time expiring in the first overtime the Rams were awarded a corner. Bailey Donelly (Framingham, Mass.) sent in a pass to Ackerman who blasted a strike from the top of the arc.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) made four saves before giving way to Grace Pushor (Old Towne, ME) who made ten saves in her first collegiate win.
- Hope Winkin (Winslow, ME) turned away six shots before being relieved by Erin Moore (Rosedale, MD).
- The Rams outshot the Pride 26-to-20.
- FSU was awarded 13 penalty corners to the Pride's six.
- The Rams host Westfield State in their Little East opener on Saturday, September 8th at 2:00 pm.
- Regis will host Becker College on Thursday, September 6th at 7:00 pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.