Framingham, Mass.- The UMass Dartmouth field hockey picked up their first win of the season en route to a 3-1 win over Framingham State in Little East action Wednesday evening at Maple Street Field.
- Score: UMass Dartmouth 3, Framingham State 1
- Records: UMass Dartmouth (1-5, 1-2 LEC), Framingham State (1-3, 3-3 LEC)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Corsairs got on the board in the 18th minute of play when Brittany Perry (North Dighton, Mass.) gathered a rebound in front of the net and sent into the back of the cage.
- The Corsairs added to their lead early in the second frame when Bridget Harrington (Florence, Mass.) scored off a pass from Ciara Anderson (Medway, Mass.).
- The visitors scored again a few minutes later when Grace Sylvia (Dartmouth, Mass.) found the back of the net with an assist from Kylie Dias (Fall River, Mass.).
- The Rams got on board in the final minutes when Meaghan Ackermann (Littleton, Mass.) sent in a long strike off a pass from Caitlin Baril (Lakeville, Mass.).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Allison Burke (Franklin, Mass.) made three saves in the win for the Corsairs.
- Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) made 11 stops in net for the Rams.
- The Corsairs outshot the Rams by a 26-to-5 margin including a 13-to-2 clip in the first period.
- UMD also head the advantage in penalty corners 14-to-3
- The Rams will travel to Worcester State on Friday, September 21st for a Little East matchup at 7:00 pm.
- The Corsairs will host Westfield State at 11:00 am on Saturday, September 22nd.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.