Worcester, Mass. - The Worcester State University Field Hockey team defeated Framingham State University by a score of 6-0 in Little East action at Coughlin Field on Friday evening.
- Score: Worcester State 6, Framingham State 0
- Records: Worcester State (4-3, 3-0 LEC), Framingham State (1-4, 0-4 LEC)
- Location: Coughlin Field – Worcester, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lancers went into halftime with a 4-0 lead on goals from senior Michaila Parent (Westborough, Mass.), junior Sophia Monopoli (Worcester, Mass.), junior Olivia Antonelli (Westford, Mass.), and junior Katelyn Santos (Acushnet, Mass.).
- Antonelli scored her second goal of the game in a net-front scramble early in the second half, followed by a goal from sophomore Sarah Duff (Warren, Mass.). Camille Alli (South Deerfield, Mass.) recorded an assist on Duff's tally.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Worcester State freshman goalie Jess Hopkins (Chelmsford, Mass.) earned the win, but did not record a save.
- Freshman Kacy Florence (Methuen, Mass.) also saw time in net, but did not face a shot.
- Framingham's senior goalkeeper Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) finished with eight saves in the loss.
- Freshman Grace Pushor (Old Town, Maine) saved three shots for the Rams after coming in in relief in the second half.
- Worcester State will travel to Bridgewater State on Tuesday with the game starting at 7 p.m.
- Framingham State will play on Tuesday as well, taking on Fitchburg State on the road, with the game starting at 4 p.m.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of WSU sports information