Henniker, N.H.- The New England College field hockey team won its fifth-straight game on Monday night with a 4-2 non-conference victory over Framingham State University.
- Score: New England College 4, Framingham State 2
- Records: New England College (6-7)Framingham State (2-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Nearly 13 minutes into the game, Brittany Tierney (Ottawa, Ontario) put the Pilgrims on the board by carrying the ball down the left side of the field and making a move into the box, where she shot hard and low past Framingham's goalkeeper.
- Just over 14 minutes later the Pilgrims scored again when Tierney took the ball off of a Framingham defender just a step outside of the circle and tapped it to Castriotta five feet away, who buried the long shot.
- The Rams opened the second half with a goal when Bailey Donelly (Framingham, Mass.) redirected a shot by Julia Tetreault (Sutton, Mass.).
- With less than four minutes left in the game, Taylor Daileanes (Londonderry, N.H.) sealed the win for NEC with her 12th goal of the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- NEC's Christine McNeil (Pawcatuck, Conn.) had one save in the win for the Pilgrims.
- For the Rams, Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) earned the start had two saves in the first half – Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) played the second half and did not record a save.
- The Rams will travel to Lasell on Wednesday at 3:30pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of NEC sports information