Framingham, Mass. – The Framingham State University field hockey team received a hat trick from senior Meaghann Ackerman (Littleton, Mass.) as the Rams were defeated this afternoon 6-3 by the Nichols College Bison in non-conference action at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Nichols 6, Framingham State 3
- Records: Framingham State (3-12), Nichols College (8-8)
- Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bison got on the board first with just over 13 minutes remaining in the opening half. Junior Erin Kelley (Dighton, Mass.) sent a pass to sophomore Carlee Tolley (Chatham, Mass.) and Tolley slipped a shot inside the far post for the 1-0 lead.
- The Bison extended their lead at the four minute mark of the first when junior Leundra Marsh (Palmer, Mass.) sent a cross in front of the net that sophomore Lizz McKinnon (Quincy, Mass.) redirected into the back of the cage.
- The Rams cut the deficit in half in the final two minutes of the first as Ackerman tallied her first of the game on a shot from the top of the circle.
- Nichols pushed the lead to 3-1 on an unassisted goal from Erin Jillson (New Salem, Mass.) in the 39th minute, but the Rams answered five minutes later cutting the deficit back to one. Ackerman carried the ball into the circle and first a shot from the top.
- The Bison would tally the next three goals of the game pushing the advantage to 6-2 before Ackerman converted a penalty stroke with 1:34 left in the game to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Mackenzie Snow paced the Bison with a pair of goals, while Tolley and McKinnon finished with a goal and a helper apiece.
- The Bison held a 19-10 edge in shot for the game and an 11-8 advantage in penalty corners.
- Senior Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) took the loss for the Rams in the cage and made seven saves, while Hannah Seigel earned the win and made three stops.
The Rams are back in action on Thursday night when they travel to Fitchburg State for a Little East contest slated to begin at 7 p.m.