Fitchburg, Mass.– The Fitchburg State University field hockey team rallied from two goals down to defeat the Rams of Framingham State University, 3-2 this evening in Little East Conference (LEC) action from Elliot Field.
- Score: Fitchburg State 3, Framingham State 2
- Records: Fitchburg State (9-9, 6-5 LEC) Framingham State (3-13, 1-10 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Framingham State opened the scoring at the 7:05 mark as senior Meaghan Ackerman (Littleton, Mass.) collected a feed from classmate Bailey Donelly (Framingham, Mass.) and found back of the net for her team leading 12th goal of the season for the 1-0 lead.
- The Rams doubled their margin in the 31st minute of play when freshman Julia Tetreault (Sutton, Mass.) blasted a shot from the top of the circle into the lower right corner for her fifth score of the season to make the score 2-0 going into the break.
- Following the intermission, the Falcons cut into deficit at the 53:47 mark as junior Aislinn DeHorsey (Leominster, Mass.) gathered a loose ball on the far side of the cage and connected on her eighth marker on the year.
- The Green and Gold knotted the score (2-2) minutes later when senior Molly Richard (Leominster, Mass.) fired a shot into the back of the cage for her team-leading 11th tally of the 2018 campaign.
- Fitchburg State took the lead in the 64th minute of action as Richard blasted a shot inside the lower right corner for her second goal of the contest, resulting in the 3-2 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- In the cage, freshman Abby Bryant (Ware, Mass.) made six saves for the Falcons in the victory, while freshman Grace Pushor (Old Town, Maine) stopped six shots for the Rams in the setback.
- DeHorsey posted two defensive save for the Green and Gold.
- Fitchburg State finished with a 16-to-11 advantage in shots, while Framingham State held a slim 11-to-10 edge in penalty corners.
- Falcons will host the Owls of Westfield State University tomorrow for a Little East Conference tilt, starting at 5:00 PM.
- Rams will host the Warriors of Eastern Connecticut State tomorrow as well for an LEC contest at 7:30 PM.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of Fitchburg sports information