Franklin, Mass. – The Framingham State University men's basketball team opened the 2019 season this evening on the road and were defeated 88-74 by Dean College who outscored the Rams 51-28 in the second half erasing a nine point lead by the Rams at the half.
- Score: Dean College 88, Framingham State 74
- Records: Framingham State (0-1), Dean (1-0)
- Location: Pieri Gymnasium – Franklin, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened the game with a 6-0 run before Dean tied the game at 12-12.
- After Dean took a 14-12 lead, the Rams scored nine straight taking a 21-14 lead halfway through the frame.
- The Rams maintained the lead for the remainder of the half taking a 46-37 lead into the locker room. Senior Tyri Hampton and junior Colin Myers paced the Rams with nine points apiece in the first half.
- Dean used an 18-1 run to open the second half to erase the halftime deficit and take the lead for good.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hampton led the Rams with 18 points on six-of-12 from the field to go along with eight boards.
- Junior Cameren McCloud-Thomas also recorded double digits with 16 points on eight-of-12 from the floor to go along with five boards.
- Myers finished the game with nine points, while sophomore Jared Gordon-Anderson added seven.
The Rams are back in action at home on Tuesday night when they host Wentworth at 8 p.m.