Ice Hockey Falls to Worcester State 3-2 in Overtime

Ice Hockey Falls to Worcester State 3-2 in Overtime

Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University was defeated at home this evening 3-2 in overtime by Worcester State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Loring Arena.


- Score:   Worcester State 3, Framingham State 2 (OT)

- Records: Framingham State (1-2, 0-1 MASCAC), Worcester State (2-2, 1-1 MASCAC)

Location:  Loring Arena - Framingham, Mass.


  • The Rams grabbed a 1-0 lead after tallying a power play goal just over four minutes into the first period.  Sophomore Soren Colstrup (Owatonna, MN) took a pass from freshman Brian Kozek (Chicago, IL) in front of the net and deposited a shot in the back of the net.
  • Worcester State tied the game a 1-1 with just over nine minutes remaining in the first period.  Sophomore Kyle Hayter fired a shot on net that was saved by the Rams goaltender Greg Harney (East Haven, Conn.).  Sophomore Ryan James was there to collect the rebound and found the back of the net.
  • The game remained tied until the closing minutes of the second period when the Rams retook the lead 2-1.  Freshman Trevor Lewandoski (Newbury, OH) fired a shot from the right wing that sophomore Brandon Hamner (Waltham, Mass.) redirected in front of the net for his second goal of the season.
  • The Lancers tied the game halfway thru the third on a power play goal from sophomore Matthew Manning.  Senior Mike Moran sent a pass across to the ice to senior Mitch Purdie on the left side and Purdie slipped a pass in front to Moran who connected on his third marker of the season.
  • The Rams had a chance at the five minute mark of the third to break the deadlock, but Kozek's shot was stopped by a great save by the Lancers net minder, Aaron Callan.
  • In the overtime session, Colstup had a chance for the Rams just over a minute in, but Callan came up with the save.  The Lancers had a chance with three minutes to go on a shot from the point by Henry Bruckner, but Harney came up with the save.
  • The Lancers tallied the game-winner with 39.6 remaining in the overtime period on an unassisted tally from Moran.


  • The Lancers outshot the Rams 45-37 in the game.
  • Harney finished the game with 42 saves for the Rams going the distance in net, while Callan came on in relief in the 14th minute and allowed one goal while making 29 stops.



The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Westfield State for a MASCAC contest slated to begin at 5:35 p.m., while the Lacers host Salem State on Saturday at 3:10 p.m.