Framingham, Mass.—The Assumption College Greyhounds were four-for-five on the power play en route to a 5-1 win over Framingham State in non-conference action Tuesday evening at Loring Arena.
Score: Assumption College 5, Framingham State University 1
Records:Assumption College (6-1) Framingham State (1-4)
Location: Loring Arena- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Greyhounds took advantage of the first power play they saw when Devan Sheth (Ashland, Mass.) scored off a deflection off a long strike from Dante Tomassini (North Branford, Conn.).
- The visitors scored on the man advantage again in the final minute of the first period when Robert Roche (Holden, Mass.) sent in a long strike from the point through traffic with an assist coming from Brendan Philippon (Salem, NH).
- Assumption extended their lead in the second frame first Matt Damelio (Rochester, NY) scored with Sheth assisting in the fifth minute. Later the Greyhounds again scored on the power play when Philippon scored on a one-time pass from Roche with Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass.) assisting.
- The Rams got on the board in the final minute of the 2ndon a power play of their own when Ryan McDonough (Dorchester, Mass.) scored with assists from Mason Ledbetter (Lake Mary, Fla.) & Jack Sheehan (Norwood, Mass.)
- The Greyhounds answered halfway through the third, again on the power play, when Dante Maribito (Georgetown, Mass.) scored with Tomassini and Phillipon with the helpers.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Robbie Campbell (Raritan, NJ) turned away 25 shots for the Greyhounds.
- Greg Harney (East Haven, Conn.) made 38 saves in the setback for the Rams.
- The visitors were 4-of-5 on the power play while the Rams were 1-of-8.
- Assumption was called for nine infractions for 18 minutes.
- Framingham State was called for 8 penalties spanning 32 minutes.
- Framingham State returns to action on Thursday, as they host Fitchburg State in MASCAC action starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Assumption will host SNHU in a conference tilt Friday evening at 5:35pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.