Winchedon, Mass.— The Framingham State men's ice hockey team scored two third period goals to cut their deficit to one goal but couldn't find the game tying score in a 3-2 loss at Franklin Pierce Thursday evening.
Score: Franklin Pierce 3, Framingham State University 2
Records:Franklin Pierce (4-3), Framingham State (1-6-1)
Location: Winchedon, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first period the Ravens scored three goals in the second frame. In the fourth minute Matthew Toombs sprung on a breakaway and picked the top-left corner, over the blocker to take a 1-0 lead.
- Just over two minutes later Anthony Nikolopoulos picked up a rebound off a shot from Mark Indelicato.
- With just over five minutes to play in the second the hosts scored their final goal of the period when Alex Lester converted off a pass from Danny O'Connell.
- The Rams cut into the lead early in the third when Rick Walsh (Aston, PA) scored off a set up from Brendan Williams (Richmond, VA).
- A few moments later FSU converted on the power play when Brandon Hamner (Waltham, Mass.) poked in the puck at the crease that was saved off a shot from Ryan McDonough (Dorchester, Mass.)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In between the pipes, Kyle Martin made 40 saves in net for the Ravens. Greg Harney (East Haven, Conn.) made 17 stops for the Rams.
- The Rams put up 42 shots on goal to the Ravens 20.
- Framingham State will return to action after the Thanksgiving break when they travel to Plymouth State on November 29th.