Framingham, Mass.- The Franklin Pierce men's ice hockey team defeated Framingham State in non-conference action by a score of 4-1 Tuesday evening at Loring Arena.
- Score: Framingham State 1, Franklin Pierce 4
- Records: Framingham State (0-7), Franklin Pierce (5-2-1)
- Location: Loring Arena – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a fairly even first period the Ravens jumped out to the lead in the first minute of the second when senior James Morrissey and classmates Alex Lester converted on a one time play after a turnover in their offensive zone.
- The Ravens extended their lead a little under midway through the second when Ryan Gorbett snuck one through with help from Anthony Nikolopoulos and Conor Foley.
- The Rams answered less than a minute later when junior Matt Siegel snuck a shot through the FPU goalie's legs to cut the lead back to one.
- The Ravens extended their lead in the final minute of the frame on a powerplay when Ryan Gorbett deflected a poke from Conor Foley to send the teams into the locker room.
- The Ravens scored an empty netter in the final minutes of the third to reach the final margin.
- Ravens netminder Garret Stenberg made 30 saves in the win. Senior Greg Harney made 42 stops for the Rams.
- The Ravens were 1-for-4 on the power play while the Rams were 0-for-2
The Rams return to action on December 5th when they travel to Westfield State for a MASCAC tilt. Franklin Pierce will travel to Becker College on Saturday for non-conference action at 2pm.