Framingham, Mass.- Eastern Connecticut junior Griffin Luczek (Lee, NH) scored two goals including the game winner en route to a 4-2 victory over Framingham State Wednesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Eastern Connecticut State 4, Framingham State 2
- Records: Eastern Connecticut State (2-0), Framingham State (2-1)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Warriors got on the board in the opening minutes when Luczek carried the ball into the offensive zone and sent a strike home.
- ECSU doubled their lead in just about ten minutes later when Patrick Agyemang (East Hartford, Mass.) scored with an assist coming from Sam Hurlburt (Cornwall, Conn.).
- The Rams got on the board in the 25th minute when Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) scored off a long assist from Vinicius Veiga (Belo Horizonte, Brazil).
- FSU evened the score when Ken Stahovish (Springfield, Mass.) scored off a helper from Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.).
- The Warriors took the lead in the 59th minute when Luczek scored his second of the game off a pass from Will Toomey (Willington, Conn.).
- After having an apparent insurance goal called back for an offside, ECSU converted on a corner kick. Justin Jensen (Wethersfield, Conn.) sent in a cross to Agyemang who passed it to Joel Richards (Bridgeport, Conn.) for the Warriors fourth goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Ryan Murphy (Cromwell, Conn.) made four saves in the win for Eastern.
- Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) turned away three shots for the Rams.
- The Warriors outshot the Rams 16-to-11 in the contest.
- The Rams led in the foul category 17-to-15.
- Eastern was awarded five penalty kicks to the Rams two.
- The Rams host MIT on Saturday, September 8th at 11:00 am.
- Eastern returns to the pitch when they host Gordon College at 4:00 pm on Friday, September 7th.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.