Framingham, Mass.- Junior Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) broke a scoreless game with just under 15 minutes to play to send the Framingham State men's soccer team past MIT on Saturday morning at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 1, MIT 0
- Records: Framingham State (3-1), MIT (3-1)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first half both teams had multiple opportunities to score but solid goaltending and solid defense on both sides kept the game scoreless.
- The Rams had a great chance to score with about 16 minutes to play when Akeem Bucknor's (Manchester, Jamaica) shot went just wide of the open net.
- The Rams tallied when Ibrahim Kyeyune (Kampala, Uganda) chipped a pass over a MIT defender and which De Souza gathered and slipped into the right side of the net.
- The Engineers had a great look with about 90 seconds to play a Rams foul just outside the box set up a free kick from the right side of the field. Joshua Wilson's (West Chester, PA) attempt just curled around the left post and the Rams were able to kill the rest of the clock.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made four saves in the shutout win for the Rams.
- Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) also made four stops in net for the Engineers.
- The Engineers outshot the Rams 28-to-12 in the contest including an 18-to-3 margin in the first half.
- The Rams led in the foul category 15-to-12.
- Both teams were awarded four corner kicks apiece.
- Todays win marks the first time the Rams have beaten MIT in the 8 seasons they have played.
- The Rams travel to Clark on Wednesday, September 12th for a 7:00 pm contest.
- MIT will travel to Roger Williams on the same day for non-conference action.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.