Worcester, Mass. - The Framingham State University men's soccer received a pair of goals from junior Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) as the Rams defeated Worcester State University 4-1 this afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Coughlin Field.
- Score: Framingham State 4, Worcester State 1
- Records: Framingham State (10-5-2, 4-0-2 MASCAC), Worcester State (6-7-2, 3-2-1 MASCAC)
- Location: Coughlin Field – Worcester, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lancers struck first in the 30th minute with a goal off the foot of Bryan Brasil. Tomas Caneira found a gap in the defense and fed a pass to Brasil who converted
- A Worcester State foul in the box in the 33rd minute led to a penalty. Senior Ken Stahovish (Springfield, Mass.) took the kick and sent it to the bottom left corner evening the score at 1-1.
- Another Worcester State foul led to the Rams second goal of the contest as Nardizzi converted a free kick from 30 yards out in the 43rd minute for the 2-1 lead.
- Nardizzi and sophomore Akeem Bucknor (Manchester, Jamaica) added insurance markers for the Rams in the second half to help secure the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams held a 15-10 advantage in shots for the game including 7-3 in the first half. Each team attempted three corner kicks in the game.
- Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) earned the win in net for the Rams making just one save, while Henri Guilmette took the loss for the Lancers and made four saves.
- The Rams have reached the 10 victory mark for the first time since the 2010 season when they went 11-10-1 on the year.
The Rams host Lasell College on Wednesday for a non-conference at 4:30 p.m.