Framingham, Mass. – The Framingham State University men's cross country team opened the 2018 season at the Jim Sheehan Invitational hosted by Fitchburg State University and finished in ninth place.
- Finish: Framingham State finished in 9th place, while the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth finished in first place.
- Location: Fitchburg, Mass. – Fitchburg State
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Kevin Durant (Lynn, Mass.) was the Rams top finisher crossing the line in 32nd place. Durant completed the 8K course in a time of 29:52.
- Sophomores Jackson Roscher (Southampton, Mass.) and Logan Cochran (Marlborough, Mass.) followed just three places apart at times of 33:53 and 34:16.
- Rounding out the field for the Rams were freshman Benjamin Matson (Plymouth, Mass.) who finished his first collegiate race in a time of 35:56, while classmate Adam Banat (Shrewsbury, Mass.) followed at 38:25.
The Rams are back in action on September 15th at the UMass Dartmouth Corsair Invitational with the men's race slated for 10:30 a.m.