Paxton, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's basketball team outscored Anna Maria College 25-9 in the opening quarter en route to an 84-61 victory this evening in non-conference action.
- Score: Framingham State 84, Anna Maria 61
- Records: Framingham State (5-2), Anna Maria College (1-9)
- Location: Fuller Center – Paxton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened the game with a 9-0 run over the first three minutes. The run was started with a three from junior Mary Kate O'Day (Berlin, Mass.) and capped by an Emily Velozo (Tewksbury, Mass.) layup.
- Mariah Carey got the Amcats on the board with a three at the seven minute mark of the first, but the Rams would out score the hosts 16-6 for the remainder of the quarter.
- The Rams pushed the lead to 35-9 midway through the second quarter and never looked back.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- O'Day paced the Rams with 22 points, two rebounds and four assists, while Velozo added 14 points on five of seven from the floor to go along with four rebounds, four assists and a steal.
- Senior Tiphani Harris (Revere, Mass.) added 10 points, five rebounds and six steals. Sophomore Camille Desrochers (Westford, Mass.) added seven points off the bench, while classmate Abbey Battaini (Methuen, Mass.) added six.
- The Amcats were paced by 14 points apiece from twins Sienna Johnson and Sierra Johnson, while Carey finished with eight off the bench.
- The Rams shot 48% from the floor in the game and 32% from behind the arc, while Anna Maria connected on 40% of their offerings including six of 10 from behind the arc.
- The Rams held a 30-14 edge in points in the paint for the game as well as a 28-18 advantage in bench points.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday afternoon when they travel to Suffolk University for a 1 p.m. contest.