North Adams, Mass.— Framingham State's Mary Kate O'Day (Berlin, Mass.) scored a game-best 24 points and pulled down 9 rebounds to lead the Rams women's basketball team past the MCLA Trailblazers 77-41 Thursday evening in MASCAC action.
Score: Framingham State University 77, MCLA 41
Records:Framingham State (13-5, 5-1 MASCAC), MCLA (4-13, 0-6)
Location: MCLA – North Adams, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The visitors led just 16-13 after one quarter of play but turned it on in the second quarter. The Rams would outscore MCLA 17-6 in the quarter to take a 33-19 lead at halftime. O'Day scored 11 points in the half to lead all scorers.
- Framingham quickly extended the lead in the third quarter as they would outscore the Trailblazers 30-9 in the period to take a commanding 63-28 lead heading into the fourth and final quarter. MCLA never threatened as both teams subbed frequently.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- O'Day was 8-of-17 shooting and canned a pair of three pointers for her big night. Tiphani Harris (Revere, Mass.) was outstanding as well collecting 19 points and pulling down 7 boards for the Rams. Abbey Battaini (Haverhill, Mass.) added 11 points off the bench for FSU.
- The Rams shot 40% from the floor and took advantage of 19 Trailblazer turnovers.
- L'Rae Brundige and Courtney Pingelski who ended with 11 and 10 points respectively led MCLA.
- Both teams are back in action on Saturday, January 26thas MCLA hosts Westfield State while the Rams head to Fitchburg.
*Courtesy of MCLA sports information