Whittier, Calif. – Eleven players scored goals and senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath (Bedford, Mass.) and sophomore Mikayla Seavey (Bridgewater, Mass.) combined for a shutout as the Framingham State University women's lacrosse team defeated Whittier 14-0 this afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
- Score: Framingham State 14, Whittier 0
- Records: Framingham State (4-1), Whittier (2-6)
- Location: Memorial Stadium – Whittier, Calif.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Fox Tree-McGrath worked a scoreless first half between the pipes for Rams turning aside all four shots she faced before giving way to Seavey who recorded three stops in her half of action. The Rams held a 28-10 edge in shots for the game.
- Junior Grace Gamache (Dartmouth, Mass.), sophomore Morgan Begley (Milton, Mass.), classmate Alissa Marino (Trumbull, Conn.), freshmen Tara Palermo (Mashpee, Mass.) and classmate Chandler Farley (Lunenburg, Mass.) paced the Rams attack with two goals apiece. Gamache added two helpers in the contest, while Begley, Farley and Marino each had an assist.
- Juniors Audrey Duhaime (Belchertown, Mass.) and Nicole Pacheco (Woburn, Mass.) recorded a goal and an assist apiece, while sophomore Hannah McMahon (Watertown, Mass.), junior Perin Genaway (Hinsdale, Mass.) and sophomore Jenna McMahon (Watertown, Mass.) each tallied a single goal in the contest.
- The Rams held a 32-14 edge in ground balls for the game and controlled 10 draws to just seven for Whittier. The Rams converted three-of-three free position shots, while Whittier went 0-for-4.
The Rams continue their west coast swing on Thursday evening when they face Chapman at 10 p.m. EST.