Los Angeles, Calif. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team closed their spring break west coast trip this afternoon and were defeated 14-13 by Occidental in non-conference action at Jack Kemp Stadium.
- Score: Occidental 14, Framingham State 13
- Records: Framingham State (5-2), Occidental (6-3)
- Location: Jack Kemp Stadium – Los Angeles, Calif.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams took a 2-0 lead on goals by sophomore Alissa Marino and junior Nicole Pacheco just under three minutes into the game.
- Occidental would rattle off four straight over the next seven minutes taking a 4-2 advantage.
- Junior Audrey Duhaime cut the gap to one with an unassisted tally at 18:02, but Occidental would score three straight opening up a 7-3 lead.
- Junior Grace Gamache cut the deficit to 7-4 when she converted off a feed from Duhaime, but Occidental pushed the lead back to four just seconds later.
- The Rams tallied three straight to cut the gap to one with just over two on the clock before the half, but Occidental added a late tally to head to the locker room leading by two, 9-7.
- Pacheco cut the gap to one in the opening minutes of the second, but Alessandra Pelliccia tallied two straight for the hosts pushing the lead to 11-8.
- Marino and Pacheco tallied two in a row for the Rams pulling within one with 17:48 on the clock, but the two teams would trade goals down the stretch and the Rams would get no closer than.
- Pacheco paced the Rams with four goals and two assists, while Marino finished with four markers.
- Gamached added three goals and three assists, while Duhaime finished with two goals and a helper.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath took the loss in net making 16 saves.
- The loss snaps a five game winning streak for the Rams this season.
The Rams return to the east coast and are back in action on Wednesday evening when they travel to Connecticut College.