Framingham, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team opened the conference portion of their schedule with a 15-4 victory over MCLA this evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 15, MCLA 4
- Records: Framingham State (6-3, 1-0 MASCAC), MCLA (0-4, 0-1 MASCAC)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams were paced by three goals and an assist from sophomore Jenna McMahon (Watertown, Mass.), while junior Grace Gamache (Dartmouth, Mass.) tallied a goal with four helpers.
- Freshman Chandler Farley (Lunenburg, Mass.) and junior Jacey Salvie (Pittsfield, Mass.) added two goals apiece, while sophomore Alissa Marino (Trumbull, Conn.) chipped in with two goals and a helper.
- Junior Audrey Duhaime (Belchertown, Mass.) added three assists, while sophomore Raquelle Williams (Brighton, MI) and junior Casey Bradley (Canton, Mass.) contributed a goal and an assist each.
- Junior Kim Granito tallied all four goals for the Trailblazers and added three ground balls, four draw controls and a caused turnover.
- The Rams held a 32-6 edge in shots for the game and led 28-19 in ground balls.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath (Bedford, Mass.) earned the win in net for the Rams working a half without making a save.
- Shannon Prouty took the loss for the Trailblazers and made eight stops.
The Rams are back in action on Monday night when they host Wellesley in a non-conference contest beginning at 7 p.m. The Trailblazers are back in action Monday at Becker at 7 p.m.