Buzzards Bay, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team jumped out to an 8-2 lead at the half as the Rams secured a 14-5 victory over Massachusetts Maritime Academy in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Clean Harbors Stadium.
- Score: Framingham State
- Records: Framingham State (13-3, 6-0 MASCAC), Mass. Maritime (8-7, 2-4 MASCAC)
- Location: Clean Harbors Stadium – Buzzards Bay, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams were paced by four goals from sophomore Alissa Marino, while junior Morgan Begley and sophomore Hanna McMahon added two goals and an assist apiece. Junior Grace Gamache chipped in with a pair of goals, while senior Shae Riley finished with three assists.
- The Rams got on the board just over a minute and a half into the game as McMahon converted her first of the contest. Two minutes later, Marino struck off a Riley feed for the 2-0 lead.
- Alyssa Blumenthal scored unassisted to get the Bucs on the board with just over 21 minutes remaining in the first, but the Rams would score three straight taking a 5-1 lead.
- After Casey Sullivan scored for the Bucs, the Rams closed the half with free position shots from McMahon and Marino and a tally from Begley to lead 8-2 at the break.
- Mass. Maritime scored first in the second half, but a 6-0 run by the Rams pushed the lead to 14-3 before the took the game by a score of 14-5.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath earned the victory in net for the Rams making six saves in just under 45 minutes of work.
- With the victory, the Rams have guaranteed themselves at least a share of the 2019 MASCAC Women's Lacrosse Title and the top seed in next week's MASCAC Tournament.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they host Worcester State at 12 p.m.