New London, Conn. – Junior Claire Hurley had two goals and a career-high three assists while five other Bears scored the first goals of their collegiate careers as Coast Guard tied a school-record with seven goals beating Framingham State 7-2 in non-conference action Wednesday afternoon.
- Score: Coast Guard 7, Framingham State 2
- Records: Coast Guard (2-0), Framingham State (0-2)
- Location: New London, Conn.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Framingham struck first and early as sophomore Jasmine Lees (Middleboro, Mass.) found the back of the net just 2:05 into the game for a 1-0 lead.
- Coast Guard junior Lydia VanWinkle scored her first career goal in the seventh minute with Hurley assisting to draw even.
- Hurley would score in the 23rd minute with sophomore Felicia Lombardi adding the assist and sophomore Kylee Ballard notched her first career goal with the 36th minute with Hurley assisting as Coast Guard took a 3-1 lead.
- The Rams would cut the deficit to 32 with 4:36 left in the first half on a goal by senior Kayla Almstrom (Auburn, Mass.).
- Senior Riley Cassidy would net her first career goal in the 67th minute with Hurley adding her third assist for the first of four Coast Guard second half goals.
- Hurley scored in the 76th minute; freshman Katharine Stroh scored her first career goal in the 81st minute before freshman Lillian Goebel's first collegiate goal, a header, closed the scoring in the 87th minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Katharina Commins made a pair of saves to improve to 2-0 on the season.
- Freshman Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) allowed four goals and had seven saves in taking the loss for the Rams. Senior Jennifer Stevens (Hopkinton, Mass.) allowed three goals with four saves for Framingham State
- Coast Guard outshot Framingham State 30-to-6 in the win.
- The Rams travel to WPI on Sunday, September 9th for a 1:00 pm match.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of Coast Guard sports info