Framingham, Mass.- The Keene State women's soccer team defeated Framingham State by a score of 1-0 on Monday evening at Maple Street Field in the makeup from the contest that was postponed due to poor field conditions last Wednesday.
- Score: Keene State 1, Framingham State 0
- Records: Keene State (2-4), Framingham State (0-5)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Owls scored the games lone goal in the 16th minute when Maggie Vogt (Bow, NH) sent a perfect cross to Sarah Carron (Feeding Hills, Mass.) who delivered into the open end of the goal to take a 1-0 lead.
- The Rams had two opportunities to tie with free kicks inside of 20 yards but the shots went wide.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) started in net for the Rams before being relieved by senior Jen Stevens (Hopkinton, Mass.) who made five saves for the hosts.
- Shelby Offord (Shelton, Conn.) made six stops in the shutout win for the Owls.
- The Owls held a slight advantage in shots 17-to-15 and 3-to-1 in corners.
- The Rams will travel to Rhode Island College on Wednesday, September 19th for a 6:00 pm start.
- The Owls will travel to Westfield State for a 6:30 pm match on the same day.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.