Wenham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team was back in action this morning at the Gordon College Invitational and defeated the Smith College Pioneers 3-0 in non-conference action at the Bennett Center.
- Score: The Rams defeated the Pioneers 25-23, 26-24, and 25-13.
- Records: Framingham State (1-1), Smith (0-2)
- Location: Wenham, Mass. – Bennett Athletic Center
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) paced the Rams with eight kills on 14 attempts with just one error for a .500 hitting percentage. Rodriguez also added six service aces and five defensive digs.
- Sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) followed with seven kills and a team-best 16 digs.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) collected 23 set assists, three aces and 14 digs, while junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) chipped in with 16 digs and four kills.
- Freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) recorded a career-high 12 digs in the match.
- Smith was led by nine kills from Caleigh Johnson and a match-high 30 digs from Anna Lynch.
The Rams close out action at the Gordon Invitational later this afternoon when they face the host Fighting Scots at 1 p.m.