Quincy, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team received a team-high 10 kills from sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) as the Rams defeated Regis College 3-0 in non-conference action at the Eastern Nazarene Invitational this evening.
- Score: The Rams won in three sets by scores of 25-23, 25-16 and 25-19.
- Records: Framingham State (2-2), Regis College (1-2)
- Location: Lahue Physical Education Center - Quincy, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams even their record at 2-2 with the victory and held off a late charge by the Pride in the opening frame to pull out the 25-23 victory. The Rams used a 7-1 run midway through the second to take control of the frame and in the final set jumped out to a 7-3 lead and never looked back.
- Rodriguez recorded 10 kills on 20 attempts with six errors and added an ace, a block and two digs.
- Sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) chipped in with nine kills on 25 attempts with seven digs and two aces, while freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) also added nine kills.
- Freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) paced the defensive effort with 19 digs, four assists and an ace, while junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added eight digs and four aces.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) recorded 31 set assists with seven digs.
- Regis was paced by a team-high 10 kills and nine digs from Katryna Veasey, while Caroline Fuentes added a team-best 13 defensive digs.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday, September 8th when at the Eastern Nazarene Invitational when they face Nichols College at 12 p.m. and host Eastern Nazarene at 4 p.m.