Fitchburg, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team improved to 2-0 in league play as the Rams defeated Fitchburg state University 3-0 this evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) at Parkinson Gymnasium.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Fitchburg State 0 (25-5, 25-16 and 25-14)
- Records: Framingham State (6-5, 2-0 MASCAC), Fitchburg State (1-8, 0-2 MASCAC)
- Location: Parkinson Gymnasium – Fitchburg, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams came out swinging in the first set with a .522 hitting percentage as they cruised to the victory and held the Falcons to a negative attack percentage on the night.
- Sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) and freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) paced the Rams on the attack with 11 kills apiece. Rodriguez converted her 11 kills on 16 swings with just one error for a .625 attack percentage. Thomas tallied her 11 kills on 23 swings with four errors and four digs.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) tallied a game-high 28 assists with a service ace and eight digs, while junior Deidre Fay (Cornwall, NY) led the defensive effort with 14 digs. Freshman Julia Barry (Woburn, Mass.) added nine, while Whalen had eight.
- The Falcons were led by three kills from Kathryn Carroll, while Kristina Osbourne, Jaquelyn Manyak and Meredith Taylor tallied three assists apiece. Jessica Peirce led the back row with eight defensive digs.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they host Anna Maria and Eastern Connecticut in a non-conference tri-match beginning at 11 a.m.