Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team compiled a .240 attack percentage and received a combined 21 kills from sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) and freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) as the Rams defeated Mount Holyoke College 3-0 this evening in non-conference action at the Athletic Center.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Mount Holyoke 0 (25-22, 25-15, 25-19)
- Records: Framingham State (11-7), Mount Holyoke (6-8)
- Location: Athletic Center - Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams took a 9-3 lead in the opening set before the Lyons came back to pull within one at 10-9. The Rams pushed the lead back to 18-13 before taking the first set 25-22.
- After falling behind 3-0, the Rams rattled off a 10-0 run to take a seven point lead in the second frame. The Lyons closed the gap, but the Rams pulled away again to lead 18-10 before taking the set 25-15.
- Mount Holyoke jumped out to a 10-6 lead in the third set. The Rams came back and took the lead 14-13 on a kill from Rodriguez. The Rams scored seven straight to take a 20-13 edge before closing the frame and securing the three set victory.
- Thomas paced the Rams on the attack with a match-high 11 kills on 33 attempts to go along with tow digs. Rodriguez finished the match with 10 kills on 17 attempts with just to errors and added a dig and a block.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) added 29 set assists and six digs, while freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) led the defensive effort with a match-best 12 defensive digs.
- The Lyons were led by a team-high 10 kills, nine digs and three service aces from senior Sarah Caggiano. Freshman Sarah Bishop added seven kills, an ace and two digs.
- The Lyons back row was led by a team-high 11 defensive digs from senior Isabell Linde, while sophomore Brayden Walden added 20 set assists and seven digs.
The Rams are back in action Thursday night when they host Suffolk University at 7 p.m., while the Lyons host Western New England on Friday night at 6 p.m.