Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team received a match-best 15 kills from freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) as the Rams defeated Suffolk University 3-0 this evening in non-conference action at the Athletic Center.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Suffolk 0 (25-21, 25-12, 25-15)
- Records: Framingham State (12-7), Suffolk (3-11)
- Location: Athletic Center - Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- With the first set tied at 15-15, Framingham State tallied a pair of points on a pair of Suffolk errors to take the lead for good in the set. Suffolk was able to pull back within one (18-17), but the Rams tallied three straight point including a service ace from freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) before taking the set 25-21.
- The second set was back and forth until Framingham State opened up a 15-10 lead on a kill from Thomas and closed the set with a 10-2 run taking the frame 25-12.
- In the third, the Rams opened up a 13-4 lead and never looked back.
- Thomas recorded her 15 kills on 37 attempts with just seven errors for a .216 attack percentage.
- Sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) chipped in with eight kills on 20 swings and added 13 defensive digs and an ace.
- Cafarelli finished the match with 11 digs for the Rams, while senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) added 27 assists and 13 digs. Junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added four kills and 12 digs on the night.
- Suffolk was led by five kills apiece from sophomore Kayla Barbera (Wakefield, RI) and senior Bridget Allison (Westford, Mass.). Barbera also added 13 defensive digs and an assist.
- Sophomore Dakhensey Marcellus (Brockton, Mass.) chipped in with 13 defensive digs, while Meg Kerek (Holbrook, Mass.) added 11 assists.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Rivier for a non-conference tri-match with St. Joseph's (CT) beginning at 1 p.m., while Suffolk travels to Emmanuel for a tri-match on Saturday with the University of New England.