Worcester, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team was defeated 3-0 this afternoon by Worcester State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Brissette Court. The Rams were also defeated 3-0 by Clark University in a non-conference match.
- Scores: Worcester State 3, Framingham State 0 – Clark 3, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (14-10, 3-2 MASCAC), Worcester State (14-7, 5-0 MASCAC), Clark (10-10)
- Location: Brissette Court – Worcester, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
WSU 3, FSU 0
- Worcester State defeated the Rams by scores of 25-12, 25-10 and 25-22 to remain unbeaten in MASCAC action.
- The Rams were led on the attack by seven kills from freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI), while sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) added five kills.
- Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) recorded 17 set assists with 10 defensive digs, while freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) added 11 digs and a service ace.
- The Lancers were led by double doubles from Emily Carens and Amari King. King recorded 11 kills with 13 digs, while Carens also racked up 11 kills with 12 digs.
- Allie Nolan recorded 34 set assists, while Megan Leavens added 14 digs.
Clark 3, FSU 0
- The Rams were defeated by Clark University by scored of 25-15, 25-16 and 25-19.
- The Rams were led in the match by 10 kills from Thomas who also added a block. Freshman Jamiyae Mattress (Greenville, SC) added a season-high seven kills on 13 attempts.
- Whalen finished the match with 19 assists, three kills and seven digs, while Cafarelli added 13 digs. Junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) chipped in with four kills and eight digs.
- The Cougars received 11 kills and eight digs from Ana Patricia Mercado in the match, while Marimo Oka added 12 defensive digs.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday evening when they host Mass. Maritime for a MASCAC match beginning at 7:15 p.m.