Newton, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball defeated Lasell University 3-0 this evening in non-conference action.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Lasell 0 (25-17, 25-14, 26-24)
- Records: Framingham State (6-6), Lasell (4-9)
- Location: Newton, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams displayed a balanced attack all night as the whole team contributed to a 3-0 sweep over the Lasers. Five different players added five kills; Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, N.Y.), Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, R.I.), Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.), Haley Sanders (Franklin, Mass.), and Natalie Reid (North Attleboro, Mass.).
- Sophomore Kiana Perez Diaz (Juncos, P.R.) produced again for the Lasers with 19 kills and 12 digs. Freshman Karissa Gaughan (Granby, Conn.) had an impressive defensive showing with 17 digs for the home team. Sophomore Jess Langan (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) ran the offense and totaled 29 assists on the night.
- The Rams went on a six-point run early in the first set to take a 12-8 lead. Lasell brought the score back to within two at 19-17 but Framingham State's Morgan Failla (Providence, R.I.) went on a five point service run to end the first set 25-17 in favor of the Rams.
- In the second set, the Rams started slow but Lasell couldn't seem to find an answer as Framingham State went on to outscore the Lasers 25-14.
- The Lasers tied the third game up at 24-24 with a service ace from Perez Diaz, but a a kill by Rodriguez followed by an ace from freshman Emily Flaherty (Milford, N.H.) closed out the match for the Rams.
The Rams are back in action on Thursday when they travel to Wentworth at 7 p.m. for a non-conference contest.