Buzzards Bay, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team received a combined 20 kills from freshman Hailey Sanders and sophomore Brandee Thomas as the Rams defeated Massachusetts Maritime Academy 3-0 this evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Clean Harbors Center.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Mass. Maritime (25-13, 25-20, 25-15)
- Records: Framingham State (9-8, 2-1 MASCAC), Mass. Maritime (1-13, 0-3 MASCAC)
- Location: Clean Harbors Center – Buzzards Bay, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams improved to 2-1 in league play this season after defeating the Buccaneers in straight sets by scores of 25-13, 25-20 and 25-15.
- The Rams were paced on the attack by 10 kills apiece from freshman Hailey Sanders (Franklin, Mass.) and sophomore Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI). Sanders connected on her 10 kills on 12 swings and added a dig and a pair of blocks. Thomas connected on 10 of 29 attempts and added a pair of digs.
- Junior Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) and freshman Emily Flaherty (Milford, NH) added 14 set assists apiece, while Flaherty also added 12 digs.
- Sophomore Alyssa Cafrelli (Peoria, AZ) chipped in with 14 defensive digs and senior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added eight digs and five kills.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Rivier for a tri-match with UMass Dartmouth beginning at 11 a.m.