Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball closed the regular season this morning with a 3-0 victory over Worcester State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Athletic Center. The victory secures the number two seed for the Rams in next week's MASCAC Volleyball Championship.
- Scores: Framingham State 3, Worcester State 0 (25-15, 25-15, 25-17)
- Records: Framingham State (17-11, 6-1 MASCAC), Worcester State (8-19, 3-4 MASCAC)
- Location: Athletic Center – Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the opening set, but the Lancers came back tying the frame at 10-10. The Rams scored nine unanswered points to take control and secure the first frame.
- In the second the Rams once again led early, 7-2 and extended the lead to as many as nine before taking the set 25-15.
- In the third, the Rams took the lead again early and never looked back en route to the straight set victory.
- The Rams were paced on the attack by sophomore Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) who tallied 10 kills in the match to go along with four digs.
- Senior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added eight kills and eight digs, while freshman Hailey Sanders (Franklin, Mass.) also recorded eight kills.
- Senior Brenna Marquis (Coventry, Conn.) and sophomore Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) paced the back row with nine digs apiece.
- Junior Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) recorded 39 set assists and five digs in the match.
- The Lancers were led on the attack by six kills from Leelle Tyler, while Natalie Gillis and Stephanie Chapin added five apiece.
- Madison Kuzio paced the back row with a match-best 16 defensive digs, while Katie Gagnon finished with eight and 18 assists.
- Prior to the game, the Rams honored their two seniors – Fay and Marquis – as part of Senior Day.
Both teams will be back in action next week in the 2019 MASCAC Volleyball Championship Tournament with pairing and seedings announced later tonight by the league office.