Framingham, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's cross country team opened the 2018 season at the Jim Sheehan Invitational hosted by Fitchburg State University and finished in seventh place.
- Finish: Framingham State finished in 7th place, while Worcester State finished in first place.
- Location: Fitchburg, Mass. – Fitchburg State
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) was the Rams top finisher completing the 5K course in a time of 21:08 which was good enough for 25th place.
- Junior Beatrice Donoghue (Rowley, Mass.) crossed the line next for the Rams at 21:51 in 49th place.
- The Rams next three finishers were freshman Kammarie Pelland (Fitchburg, Mass.) who crossed in a time of 22:18, sophomore Eri Takahashi (Plymouth, Mass.) who finished at 22:52 and junior Dana Arburr (Glastonbury, Conn.) at 22:57.
- Freshman Ashley Bosch (Ashby, Mass.) and junior Amena El-Sayed (Milton, Mass.) both crossed the line at 23:37, while freshman Kathryn Hayes (Dedham, Mass.) crossed at 24:17.
The Rams are back in action on September 15th at the UMass Dartmouth Corsair Invitational with the women's race slated for 11:15 a.m.