Williamstown, Mass. – Freshman Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) finishedsixth overall leading the Framingham State University women's cross country team to a fourth place finish at the MASCAC Championship race hosted my MCLA at Mt. Greylock Regional High School Saturday morning.
- Finish: Framingham State finished in 4th place, while Worcester State captured the 2018 MASCAC Men's Cross Country Title
- Location: Williamstown, Mass. - Mount Greylock Regional High School
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Weisse led the Rams completing the 5K course in a time of 21:09 which landed her in 6th place.
- Sophomore Beatrice Donoghue (Rowley, Mass.) & Amena El-Sayed (Milton, Mass.) crossed the line at 21 & 22 after completing the course in 22:31 & 22:33.
- Following for the Rams was freshman Kammarie Pelland (Fitchburg, Mass.) who crossed at 23:05.
- She was followed by sophomore Eri Takahashi (Plymouth, Mass.) who finished at 23:06 and trailed by junior Dana Arburr (Glastonbury, Conn.) who finished at 23:14.
- Freshman Kathryn Hayes (Dedham, Mass.) and junior Kylie Stupalski (Fairhaven, Mass.) followed at 25:49 & 28:47.
- Rounding out the field for the Rams were senior Emily Como (Phillipston, Mass.) at 28:47, junior Meagan Kohlenberger (Lee, Mass.) at 30:41 and freshman Ashley Bosch (Ashby, Mass.) closed it out with a 30:43 finish.
- Head Coach Scott VanderMolen was named the 2018 Champion's Choice Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year, while Weisse earns All-MASCAC accolades after finishing in the top 10.
- The Rams return to action on Saturday, November 10thwhen they compete at the NCAA Div. III Regional hosted by Bowdoin College.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.