Worcester, Mass. – Led by a seventh place finish from sophomore Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) the Framingham State women's cross country team placed third at the Worcester City Meet this morning hosted by Worcester State University.
- Meet: Worcester City Meet hosted by Worcester State
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Weisse paced the Rams completing the 5K course in a time of 21:43 which was good enough for seventh place just under two minutes behind Westfield State's Amy O'Sullivan who won the race with a time of 20:00.
- The Rams finished in third place with 88 total point, while Westfield State won the meet and Worcester State placed second.
- Freshman Alison Pais (Peabody, Mass.) followed for the Rams in 16th place crossing the line with a time of 22:36.
- Freshman Emily Newcomb (Raynham, Mass.) followed for the Rams crossing the line at 23:38, while senior Beatrice Donoghue (Rowley, Mass.) finished at 24:01.
- Senior Dana Arburr (Glastonbury, Conn.) and sophomore Kammarie Pelland (Fitchburg, Mass.) and followed next for the Rams crossing just eight seconds apart at 24:42 and 24:50.
- Junior Eri Takahashi (Plymouth, Mass.) and sophomore Katie Hayes (Dedham, Mass.) rounded out the top eight for the Rams finishing in 44th and 45th at 25:45 and 25:48.
The Rams are back in action on September 21st when they race at the Pop Crowell Invitational hosted by Gordon College.