Paxton, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's cross country team placed fourth at the 2019 Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Championships led by a ninth place finish by sophomore Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) at Moore State Park.
- Meet: MASCAC Championship – hosted by Worcester State University
- Location: Paxton, Mass. – Moore State Park
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Weisse earns All-MASCAC honors with her ninth place finish as she completed the 5K course at Moore State Park in a time of 20:51. Weisse was just under two minutes behind Westfield State's Grace Phair who won the race with a time of 19:10.
- Sophomore Beatrice Donoghue and freshman Alison Pais (Peabody, Mass.) followed for the Rams in 26th and 28th place crossing in times of 22:22 and 22:23.
- Senior Dana Arburr (Glastonbury, Conn.) and sophomore Kammarie Pelland (Fitchburg, Mass.) followed just a place apart in 42nd and 43rd for the Rams. Arburr crossed at 23:17, while Pelland followed at 23:26.
- Freshman Emily Newcomb (Raynham, Mass.) and sophomore Ashley Bosch (Ashby, Mass.) rounded out the top seven finishers for the Rams at 23:52 and 23:53.
- The Rams finished fourth at the 2019 MASCAC Championships with 113 total points, while the Owls of Westfield State won the league title with 34 total points.
The Rams close out the season on November 16th at the NCAA Division III Regional meet hosted by Bowdoin College.