CHAMPS/Life Skills Program
Framingham State University participates in the NCAA CHAMPS/Life
Skills Program. Participating members in the CHAMPS/Life
Skills Program are provided with materials and resources which
support a student-athlete's development in five areas: academics,
athletics, personal development, career development and community
The mission of the NCAA is to maintain intercollegiate athletics
as an integral part of the campus educational program and the
student-athlete as an integral part of the student body. With this
in mind, the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program was created to support the
student-athlete development initiatives of NCAA member
institutions and to enhance the quality of the student-athlete
experience within the context of higher education.
The CHAMPS/Life Skills Program will:
- Promote student-athletes' ownership of their academic,
athletic, career, personal and community responsibilities.
- Meet the changing needs of student-athletes.
- Promote respect for diversity and inclusion among
- Assist student-athletes in identifying and applying
- Enhance partnerships between the NCAA, member institutions and
their communities for thepurpose of education.
- Foster an environment that encourages student-athletes to
effectively access campus resources.
- Encourage the development of character, integrity and
For more information on the NCAA CHAMPS/Life Skills Program,
please visit www.ncaa.org.